02 03 Notes from the School Psychologist: Dear President Obama... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Dear President Obama...

34
A few weeks ago, I wrote to NPR's California Report about how my students inspired me to go to Obama's inauguration (or rather, how my students inspired me to stand in the freezing cold NEAR his inauguration!). Well low and behold, NPR was so wonderful, and offered to come to one of my schools to interview me about the students, and to let the middle school kids themselves have the radio waves to tell us all what Obama's victory means to them!

We recorded it today, and I nearly O.D.'d in preciousness and pride. Their charm was set on stun, I'm telling you. I am so proud of how well they did sharing their experiences. They were so nervous, and they did just beautifully.

So tune in tomorrow to hear some of my students talk about what Obama's victory means to them! For Bay Area people, I'm told it will air tomorrow, Friday, January 8th, at 4:30p.m. and 6:30p.m. on KQED Radio Station (88.5.) For non-local people, you can listen online on KQED's Website or download the audio after it airs.

I'm so excited for them!

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38